HomeSearch for 'curious'

curious - Baby-sitting & Childcare

I am curious if this be considered cheating?

Posted in Child Support on 30th December 2013

I am curious if this be considered cheating?
when a woman a man is both attested to the birth of her child, knowing he is not the father, but lets him believe that he is responsible for a number of years then a dna he proves. could be charged with fraud? or could he get reimbursed for all the “child support”? (In the state of Mississippi) Best Answer (s):

Tagboy answer
I would say.

Reply Artemisc
Maybe, but they prove “knowingly” his name on the birth certificate without knowing he was not the father could be difficult.

Answer by Eric S.
if they can prove that the women knew that he was the child’s father. if they can not .. this also happens a lot of people with a lot of people who are not really sure who the father is to sleep so that they their the last person to take them slept.

Answer by Pam
No. That would be too hard to prove that it is done knowingly. Have you not seen Murry?

Answer by whoknows?
More than likely, the latter. Unfortunately, as would prove a person who “they” actually knew who the father was / is before the DNA test? It would be difficult not only prove it, but to convince a judge. Do not know if this is at all possible (reimbursement partially) done this a million times more than anyone have a clue, but … sad, really sad!

Answer by Conor has
He could certainly sue, yes. It sounds like a good case of forgery actually. You forged an official document. That would certainly be something to talk to a lawyer.

Answer by George McCasland
No, paternity fraud is committed by women is not illegal in any state. Not yet. However, he could sue for financial damages. All people need to verification of paternity than 30% of the tests come negativ.http :/ / /

“curious about woman that lie”?

Posted in Child Support on 15th April 2011

“curious about woman that lie”?
“the man is not on child support”
Is there any laws against woman who lie to a man about a baby. If he is a responsible man, then he will spend?
time and money on this child. Later to find out the baby is not his. he could spend 6mos to years later spending time and money. Is there anything that a man in this situation can do! Or it just a lost cause.

Best answer(s):

Answer by D D
No laws.

Answer by mac
It’s not too uncommon, sad to say. I’ve known a few people who underwent though the same thing. One of my friends simply had a couple of children with the woman and treated his newly discovered step son with care. I know someone else who got married then quickly divorced. For a sensitive topic like that it’s best to talk to a lawyer.

Answer by Epiphany
get a paternity test

Answer by Brooke
I would think he could demand a paternity test…not sure but I would think there would have to be proof the child is his if he is demanded to pay child support. Of course, if the man already stated he is the father, there may not be anything else he can do.

Answer by Twister
call an attorney. I’m sure recourse is available. Make sure the father and the child are DNA tested first. This would be fraud if the mother knew the baby wasn’t his. Fraud is a felony.

Answer by Visee
Many states have laws whereby if a man cares for and supports a child as his own for a year, guess what? Legally, that child is his, even if it is shown through DNA tests that he is not the biological father.

So, the advise here is if a man has any doubts, get paternity tests completed within a year after the child’s birth.

Answer by Irv S
There might be some law that applies, IF you can prove knowing
deceit, but as a practical matter, the cash is beyond recovery,
a single parent is unlikely to be separated from her child.