HomeSearch for 'court'

court - Baby-sitting & Childcare

Should I be an agreed order for child support or should I go to court with lawyers.?

Posted in Child Support on 21st November 2012

I Should an agreed order for child support or should I go to court with lawyers.?
I want the problem fixed quickly, but I do not, either get railroaded. The judge will take into consideration that I can show copies of checks that have I pay maintenance for my first child without a court order? (Me and the first baby’s mother came to an agreement without going to court us) Best Answer (s):

response from George C
do not give enough information, but surely, all the documents before the court. It could be your a $ $ .

response from perfect velvet store
If you and the mother can not agree on child support, do not bother taking it to court. It makes no sense, and it is just about time for cases in which people who can not agree. Plus you save Geld.Wenn you think the mother should “Railway” you, by all means take it to court, but if you can both come to an amicable agreement, you do not worry about it.

response from Phil R
It’s generally the receipient interest to support a child matter to court, to the court with a child support order. This is for you the unilateral decision to stop paying child support, to prevent lowering the amount, etc. However, that being said, there are some advantages for the debtor in a signed order from a judge. These include, but are not limited to a certain amount every month from your income limits and income. (If she is able to work and refuses the court can assign her an income figure because under the laws of all 50 U.S. states, both parents have the duty to support a child). In many states, child benefit is included in order to order a paternity test, which contain a visitation schedule. This is useful if the mother decides they do not want to suggest besuchen.Ich, you should contact an attorney, family law is in your area and pay for a consultation. You can look at the numbers and help you find the right amount for child support, and can you advise the best course of action. For a referral to your local or state bar association.

response from sensible_man
The judge is not likely to give the “gift” for your care are first child. If it did not go through the court, it is not ordered and can not be recovered from the mother. She explained: “In order for child support,” I assume you are headed to court. Most states now have a payment schedule on the income that they are going by is based on the amount of child support. This keeps the judges feelings from the event “Railway” you.

to avoid

Can my stimulus check be withheld for child support even if I have been paying on time since court ordered?

Posted in Child Support on 28th September 2012

Can my stimulus check be withheld for child support even if I have been paying on time since court ordered?
I went to court last August of 2007 with my ex-girlfriend to settle child support and was court ordered to pay $ 408/mo from that date forward. They awarded her back child support for 1yr before August even though I was giving her $ 200 in checks every month-they just deducted that from the higher monthly support and left me with back support. BUT from the date I was court ordered to pay support (which includes a portion of back shild support) how can they keep on taking my returns if I’ve been paying on time and up-to-date? This is REALLY killing me! I mean seriously…I want my baby to be supported obviously, but this is one of the biggest flaws in government to date! All this money she’s getting-I guarantee isn’t all being used on my baby. It’s getting to the point where I’m thinking about being a criminal just to have my own money-and that’s no lie. Men can’t survive like this. I’m eating ramen noodles and she’s eating t-bone steak for this “child support”.

Best answer(s):

Answer by americanfreeman
if you have ANY past due child support they will take that check.

I think it is a GOOD thing.

Answer by Julie S
no debts i

Answer by Just A Guy…
Depends on the state I assume…

Even though I don’t have any arrears, support is withdrawn from my paycheck and I am therefor paid in full each month… I talked to my Child Support case worker today, and she said that the county claims any and all money we get that is extra (tax returns, stimulus checks, x-mas bonus, etc) then when the county confirms everything is good to go, they release those funds back to you…

I e-filed my tax return in early Feb. and didn’t get it until late March… Normally it would take 3-7 business days…

(Sorry, I read it again… If you have arrears, she will get ALL of your tax returns and stimulus check until that is paid off, regardless if you’ve paid the required monthly amount)

Answer by snjas1
I know the system sucks, I am with you there. The whole cs system needs reworked.

However, to them, it does not matter that you pay your current amounts in full & on time & a little extra each month for that outrageous & obsurd back support that you started off with. All that matters is that there is a back balance. Since there is a back balance, they are allowed to take your refund & stimulus payment to pay off that back balance. Until that back balance is gone, they will continue to do so. Once it is gone, they will stop messing with your taxes. Again, I am on your side, but we don’t make the laws. Which we could.

Ex husband handed me court papers but child support is doing this?

Posted in Child Support on 26th September 2012

Ex husband handed me court papers but child support is doing this?
Ex handed me papers to get his license re-instated and to lower his child support. He say’s it’s the child support’s fault that he got let go because they took away his license and he needs it back to get a job.

He didn’t pay for 2 full years, and child support “Is in the process of taking him to court for non-compliance, and for contempt of court” but there paperwork isn’t in yet

Can they rush it so the judge will talk about both or do you think that the judge will even give his license back it’s been suspended since November, he has no reason for it he drives without it already.

Best answer(s):

Answer by Butch R

Answer by ★★★ Katharine ♥♥♥♥
no, they won’t rush it..and if he wasn’t paying child support he deserved to have his license taken away… He wasn’t paying child support BEFORE when he had his license so what makes you think he will pay it AFTER he gets his license again.
let the law do their job – and you have nothing left to do but wait on your part.

Answer by Invisigoth
no, it’s his fault for not paying his child support. That’s why he lost his license. If a license was needed to do his job then that’s why he lost his job. Otherwise the job cannot fire him for having his wages garnished or for losing his license.

As long as he refuses to accept responsibility for his actions then you aren’t going to see the money that is owed to your children even if you help him get his license back.

Answer by David T
why do you give a rats @ss if your ex has driving privileges or not?

Now days, states are not reissuing drivers’ licenses to dead beat dads who are behind on their child support payments.

In fact if he was expecting a refund from the IRS he can kiss that goodbye, and you can say hello because it would be paid toward his child support bill.

Don’t be suckered in to signing anything which will benefit him, and don’t have that child support lowered. He can either walk to work or take the bus.

Answer by Sue B

I’m don’t know if the judge will do them both at once. Guess you should wait and see. We don’t know why the judge suspended his license.

Answer by roseanna h
What a a**. Its not your fault he didn’t pay. Maybe now he will pay.