HomeSearch for 'being'

being - Baby-sitting & Childcare

Child Support. Not great ex husband being a jerk. Please help?

Posted in Child Support on 29th March 2014

Child Support. Not great ex husband being a jerk. Please help?
My daughter is 3 years old. My ex and I have been divorced since she was 1. He has only paid child support once and we live in the same town. He never calls to see but is constantly telling people that I never let him see her and I a heroin addict and alot of other stupid shit. So I told him my daughter isn’t going over to his mom’s house (where he lives) until he pays because it’s not fair he gets free time and I have to work overtime and still barely get to see her. He just got a job 2 months ago in the last year. I also told him if he wants to see her he can come over to my house and see her because I don’t want her over at his mom’s house (his dad is creepy and my daughter comes back saying weird things so it’s not just because he’s a jerk) until he starts paying child support. He’s making a big deal about everything and I want to know if I should take him to court? I already told him if hes worried about my spending it on myself if he could just go buy some winter clothes that would be enough, but he hung up on me. Is there another way other then court to solve this? Please any advice would be greatly appropriated.

Best answer(s):

Answer by R K
if you can sign up for welfare, the county where you live will go after your ex to get all the back child support to keep you off welfare.

Answer by lady
When you were divorced did he get court order child support payments and visitation rights? You need to make sure that you are in compliance with whatever the court ordered. If he was ordered to pay support, and has not,then he is in contempt of court and you can take him to court.. He could get jail time, garnished wages etc.Make sure you document EVERYTHING. Every phone time what was said etc. Any time he spends with your daughter….date, length of time.
Going to court and getting things put down in writing is the only way to protect yourself and your daughter.
Good Luck!

Answer by goodnused
I think you may check with you local child welfare departments for advise. Surely most county court houses have people available to assist you in getting money for child support. If it has to go to court, they may assist also. The DEAD BEAT days are over, but please don’t use his parents or him as the reason you daughter can see them. Unless you have 100% proof that they are in some way a violation of the child’s best interest. Good Luck.

Answer by Taurean
You wrote “I don’t want her over at his mom’s house (his dad is creepy and my daughter comes back saying weird things so it’s not just because he’s a jerk) until he starts paying child support”

Would you send your daughter to his CREEPY dad if he starts paying child support?

Answer by June
You need to get in touch with the child support agency.
If your x doesn’t work then he cant pay child support if he does work then they will work out how much he earns and take a percentage from his wages.
If i was you i would not bother with him as he seems like a person that your child could do without in growing years.
Sometimes fighting someone for what ever reason is not worth it.
Try to look after your child your self and let the child suport agency do the chasing.
You may get some money in a year most likely not much as he will be one of those people that know how to play the system.
good luck.

what is so wrong about being social welfare?

Posted in Child Support on 1st June 2013

what is so wrong about being social welfare?
I have 2 children who need food and shelter. I work part time, but it is not enough to pay for it, her father pays child support and sometimes it is not enough. Why are Republicans against giving money to people who need it? It is not for me. And do not tell me to pay them by my self, because I simply do not. and do not give me crap about your tax money goes to me. That’s part of what taxes are. This country is to take care of the poor Best Answer (s):.

response from Sugar Bear
A father should not pay alimony “sometimes”. People should not have children they can not afford to support. That being said, I would be charitable and make sure that the children who had you and some deadbeat father and can not afford to be fed.

How can I cope with the stress of being a young mother?

Posted in Babysitting on 13th April 2013

How can I deal with the stress of being a young mother? ready
Best Answer (s):

reply by Tammy G
remember being a young mother, her stressful.

response from hetty
counseling, church, friends. maybe u could one day see in the month and go, for a movie with friends or have a night in the city. something like that. good luck!-Hetty ♥

response from HADITDUN

response from mindy s
you need a support system. It can be any. Family friends neighbors husband or boyfriend. Someone you can talk when things get bad. Other mothers are good to talk about stress as they have been through it all before

Answer by Steve H
If your baby is sleeping, try to spend a little time on yourself and you entspannen.Ob believe it or not, your baby will grow quickly and will look at how beautiful it was when he / she / they were small.

response from mizthang_keisha
I am also a young mother, I understand how it can sometimes be streesful especially when it may feel as if no one really understand what you are doing . Sometimes what helps me to relax just read a novel or writing in a journal. Overtime, it will feel good to know that you at some point. (That’s what you need).

response from TW
One day at a time. I had my first son 19, and it was quite diffcult, but over time it became easier, and you get in a groove. I would suggest trying some parenting classes, joining a young mothers group (check out Yahoo Groups, and a search for new mothers in your area) Trust me take all the help you can get, dont and a hero to all mothers a break.

response from
I was a mother at 17. Babies do not come with instructions and not stress-free. In my experience, I was in awe of something so small and sophisticated. My mother insticts kicked in and it was as if I knew exactly what to do, and what would the baby. As I look back, I do relize how much I learned from my baby. Enjoy your miracles and everything will fall into place.

response from sasyone
You did not say whether it’s a boyfriend or husband in this picture, I would hope it is, and it helps with the baby, and hopefully You have a supportive family, you can help through this difficult time.Praying also can work wonders, God usually do us more than we can be good luck to you and you will carry.The in my prayers.

response from menina0908
Ahhh sweety, take some time (if it is available) in order to amuse themselves. Play your favorite music and dance around your living room with your little one. Think of good things, which would make your life easier right now? Know that you can get through this and be stronger because of it. Be proud of yourself, because one way or another, deal with you and you and your little one will be the better for it.