HomeSearch for 'because'

because - Baby-sitting & Childcare

Is my bf overreacting because my ex texted me at 12 am in the morning?

Posted in Babysitting on 27th May 2014

Is my bf overreacting because my ex texted me at 12 am in the morning?
My boyfriend and I were having a discussion when suddenly my phone buzzed. He asked who it was.. I said “no one” he said “I want to see” smiling. It was a guy I used to date who’s kid I am babysitting. This was around 12 Am. My bf asked “What are you up to? Come over?!? What?! Why is he fucking asking you that?!? Do you not find it weird? Why would he ask you that babe? Does he want more? I knew this was a bad idea. Show me more.” We ended up getting into a fight.. I told my bf that the guy asked me to go on vacation with him a few days ago and I didn’t tell him about it because i didn’t want to get him angry. At all. And my bf flipped and was very upset. He wanted to call the guy and tell him off to leave me alone. My bf thinks he is taking advantage of me and still wants something.. He asked me “I don’t own you, but I do not want you to see him or his kid anymore. It won’t make me happy. You know I’m a jealous guy. I was jealous at first but now I have every reason to be mad! He wanted to make you dinner the other night when you were siting his kid, and he asked you to go to vacation with him now he’s asking you to come over at 12 am?!? Not appropriate. He is using his kid to get to you, and you don’t even see it!”

Is he overreacting? I want to keep sitting the kid because I am attached to him, I like the kid. I have no interest in his father… My bf thinks I am being very naive and stupid and being taken advantage of. He asked me to handle the situation today.. Should I?

Best answer(s):

Answer by Poppet
Your Ex has made it clear that he is still interested in you. To continue contact with him is unhealthy. Stop it.

Answer by William
Oh when someone texts you at 12AM – 1AM in the morning it means they like you?

That would’ve been helpful a long time ago.

Answer by Boxer
“…..It was a guy I used to date who’s kid I am babysitting……”

Did anybody really read this closely…….does anybody understand the math behind this…..

And why isn’t the “mommy” with her own kid….??

“….My bf thinks I am being very naive and stupid …..”

He’s half right….but naive you aren’t…….you know exactly what games your playing…..

Answer by Carolyn
Honestly- Your ex is trying to get to you and your bf does have some right to be mad. He probably doesn’t need to flip out and go crazy, but there is some truth to his argument. If I were you, I’d tell your ex simply that you don’t “like” him like that and if he was trying to get to you, then he’ll back off. If he wasn’t and was just trying to be nice, then he’ll understand where your coming from. Tell your ex that you love the kid, but you don’t want to be involved with him. He’ll understand ~xx

Answer by IDGAF
The ex was hitting on you. Your boyfriend was well within his rights to get upset. End it was the ex

Answer by SueS
Your bf is right. He’s using his child to get to you. So put a stop to it by calling your ex and tell him you are no longer his babysitter. He’ll find another one soon enough. If you really love your bf, you’ll do it.

If you take your ex to ORS because he won’t pay child support, do they require that you…?

Posted in Child Support on 12th March 2014

If you take your ex to ORS because he won’t pay child support, do they require that you…?
…have a paternity test done?
My sister has just gone through a divorce and her ex will not pay the child support for the 4 kids they have together. She is thinking about going to ORS, and is wondering if they require a paternity test…

Best answer(s):

Answer by shoshidad
Got no idea who ORS is.

Assuming its a US state agency, they will follow the state law on paternity. In every state the child of a woman who was married at the time of probable conception and was living with the husband at that time, is deemed the child of the husband — regardless of who the biological father is.

In some US states either the husband or wife can file an action to determine actual paternity. However, in the few states that allow this, the action must be filed within a very short time after the child’s birth. In California, the action must be filed before the child turns two years old.

In almost all states a judicial decree that a child is a child of the marriage, or that the husband is to pay child support for that child, such as would be contained in a divorce decree, is a binding determination that the husband is the legal father of the child.

Answer by Pancho N Lefty
There will be no paternity test unless there is a court order after a hearing after your sister’s ex affirmatively requests the test. No state agency is going to go through any extra difficulties if they do not have to do it. And they do not want to pay for the tests unless there is a legitimate basis to do so. ORS needs to know if there is already a divorce and custody order, how old the children are, who is listed as the father on the birth certificates and whether there has been an explicit or implicit acknowledgment of paternity by the purported father. If the there is a divorce order, if the children are older than 3 or 4 years old and your sister’s ex has any history of having supported them, then he is on the hook for further support orders and collection of arrearages.

Answer by Truth Sets You Free
If your sister has a current court order for the ex to pay child support, she can file a motion to enforce the child family court..

Answer by George McCasland
Every father should demand a paternity test before paying child support. Over 30% of the tests come out negative. So, I certainly hope so.

Answer by Anderson
I have a sister and some friends that hae been through all this before and I do know for a fact if he denies being the father then YES they will request a DNA, therefore if he is not denying being the father then they should not cause there is no need for it, but honey if he owes it , make him pay. There are so many out there today getting away with it, it took me almost 5 yrs. to receive child suppot..hope this helps some..

Answer by Brandon
If the children were concieved during an “intact” marriage, then the husband is presumed the father, and if he is listed as the child’s father on the birth certificate, then he should not be given the option to even ASK for a paternity test. (I’m in KS, might be different where you are)

If he is contesting that he is the father, and he is NOT listed on the birth certificate, then yes, they would require a DNA test to confirm that they are his children.

If it was stated in the divorce decree that he would pay “X” amount of child support and just ISN’T paying it, then she should contact her lawyer or the county clerk. He is in violation of a legal court order and can be held accountable.

They should also be able to process a request to have his wages garnished and he will be required to pay all “back child support” from the date of the seperation or date of divorce decree (whichever is stated in the legal paperwork).

If they have already gone through their divorce and he did not contest the paternity of the children at that time, then he should not be able to now.

She should definitely contact her lawyer to help her with this if it continues.

No more Little League All-Star game because of hurt feelings?

Posted in Working Mothers on 13th February 2013

No more Little League All-Star game because of hurt feelings?
If you are a parent, would agree to prohibit the Little League All-Star Game, because children who did not make it might have to cut there hurt feelings Best Answer (s):

response from LadyofTHFC
This political correctness has gone loony …. Children need to learn that they lose sometimes in life is a good grief, what kind of world we are creating, not enjoy participating and not winning? Be

response from jackpi21
Yes, it can grow as both Dick and George!

response from yankeesmann1918 I
completely with this “mother” do not agree. You must learn that you can not always win in life, and if you teach children that to win their only order and it’s not okay to accept the defeat, which is one of the worst things you can teach children können.Auch, although I’m not a team, I enjoy playing baseball and I played on a softball team a few times. I know his. Great for a player to make it to an All-Star game, but it’s not like the end of the world if you do not make it For me, if you. Your best skills and play a lot of heart while playing any sport and you just love it, that’s the bottom line If you do not make the All Star Game, and if you are a smart player, you can use it as motivation to step on view through your game and see if you can make it to the All-Star game the following season. Who is the mother, I hope she can really learn what the real meaning of winning and losing, and if they want to complain about baseball, I hope she learns how baseball actually works before they complained again, and that one not always win in life.

answer by Yousef I. yes you punk