HomeChild SupportEx got on welfare to avoid paying child support – is this fraud?
Posted in Child Support on 9th June 2012

Ex got on welfare to avoid paying child support – is this fraud?
Is this fraud?

So my ex owes child support and has 50% custody of my child. When we split, he was the higher wage earner and had his own business, and made more money than me. I was unemployed and didn’t want to file for welfare assistance. So I hit him up for child support.

He disregarded the support order and didn’t pay, was $ 5k in arrears when the Child Support Agency decided to take him to court for contempt. He has been under their radar because he doesnt show income, as he is self employed and can easily hide it.

In order to stop possible jail sentence from the Child Support Agency, he files for government assistance – Medical, food stamps and cash aid. He is eligible for the aid based on the information he provided the worker, so child support stops going after him.

Now Child Support is after me and my wages, and when I asked my ex if he knew they were going after me – he said, “Drop your child support case and I’ll get off aid and the state won’t go after you. I want you to sign a letter and give it to Child Support”

He clearly doesn’t need the government aid, as he’s bragged about getting large accounts with big firms, has a facebook page with his business info and photos of past/present work and him actually doing the work. He’s on welfare to retaliate against me. What should I do?

Best answer(s):

Answer by about to be kicked off here
What should you do? Simple, quit picking obvious DBs for boyfriends.

Answer by babies delete
you sure can pick em, hun…lol

Answer by Teekie
I say “two can play that game” just find some form of proof that he is making more then what he is telling welfare. The pictures might help, or a tally of all his bills, some receipts, anything to prove that he is making more money than you. I don’t know the entire situation, but I say call the IRS if welfare can’t do anything, that way he will be stuck paying taxes to IRS and getting audited. Tell him you’ll do that if he doesn’t help you with the baby, in a civilized way. My mom always said “anyone can be a dad, but not everyone can be a father”

Answer by letfreedomring
Maybe you should get a private investigator to get information showing that he is working. If you can get information showing fraud you can turn him into the state. Then I would show the information to my lawyer.
If you don’t want to turn him in to the state for fraud then just give the info to your lawyer.

I am not sure what the laws are in your state but he might get into alot of trouble for fraud.

Related Post for Maple Bear Pioneers ‘Computational Pondering’ Program for Preschoolers

Disciplining your Preschooler – Attend knowledgeable session !!
Love In direction of Books Begins with Preschool
Should know elements to implement Daycare Profit to your firm
Ipsaa begins a brand new heart in Bangalore at Status Poseidon
Maple Bear Pioneers ‘Computational Pondering’ Program for Preschoolers