HomeChild SupportEx got on welfare to avoid paying child support – is this fraud?
Posted in Child Support on 12th May 2012

Ex got on welfare to avoid paying child support – is this fraud?
Is this fraud?

So my ex owes child support and has 50% custody of my child. When we split, he was the higher wage earner and had his own business, and made more money than me. I was unemployed and didn’t want to file for welfare assistance. So I hit him up for child support.

He disregarded the support order and didn’t pay, was $ 5k in arrears when the Child Support Agency decided to take him to court for contempt. He has not paid his taxes or child support for 3 years because he is self employed and doesn’t claim his income.

In order to stop possible jail sentence from the Child Support Agency, he files for government assistance – Medical, food stamps and cash aid. He is eligible for the aid based on the information he provided the worker, so child support stops going after him.

Now Child Support is after me and my wages, and when I asked my ex if he knew they were going after me – he said, “Drop your child support case and I’ll get off aid and the state won’t go after you. I want you to sign a letter and give it to Child Support”

He clearly doesn’t need the government aid, as he’s bragged about getting large accounts with big firms, has a facebook page with his business info and photos of past/present work and him actually doing the work. He’s on welfare to retaliate against me. What should I do?

Best answer(s):

Answer by scarface
He is probably un fit to work but the welfare should take money outta his money each week thats what they do in england seek legal aid its free in england

Answer by Dante
I’m assuming that if he isn’t paying taxes for his business or declaring his income then yes he is commiting fraud. This is only worsened by the fact he is claiming welfare based on his so called income.
Now I’m not sure if the laws of your country are the same as mine but this has fraud written all over it.
Is there a way you can report the fact you think he is commiting fraud? If so I would do it.

Answer by bcuzican987
Get an attorney.

Answer by Stephanie May
If, like here in New Zealand, you can report him anonymously,do so.

Related Post for Maple Bear Pioneers ‘Computational Pondering’ Program for Preschoolers

Disciplining your Preschooler – Attend knowledgeable session !!
Love In direction of Books Begins with Preschool
Should know elements to implement Daycare Profit to your firm
Ipsaa begins a brand new heart in Bangalore at Status Poseidon
Maple Bear Pioneers ‘Computational Pondering’ Program for Preschoolers