HomeChild SupportChild support help?!?! Please!!!?
Posted in Child Support on 16th November 2011

Child support help?!?! Please!!!?
Okay. This is a very detailed post that I need help with.

My fiance has three children. They live in PA. Him and I live in TX. He used to live in WV and so did his ex with his children. After his ex and him split, she filed for child support in WV. He was unemployed at the moment and wasn’t able to make child support payments, although he did give HER money when he could. So what happens? His arrears start up.

This was last year. He landed a job at Autozone, and set up a payment schedule for his child support each month along with full medical/dental coverage for his three kids. Before we set up the payment schedule, we told her that we would pay her 100 a month…but she said “No. I’ll get more with child support.” Well, now she doesn’t. It goes by how much he makes/how many hours he works. So, now she only gets 30 a month for all three kids. Nothing we can do there though..that is done by the state.

She moved her case to PA. But Tim, my fiance, still owed WV for arrears. (She says her child support doesn’t go to her..it goes to Welfare. Or something like that.) So, he filed his taxes at the beginning of this year. The arrears money (Like, 200 dollars) was taken out of his arrears, which was good.

So finally, he was making payments for child support and medical, had no arrears…everything was fine. The child support is going to PA since they live in PA now..and not in WV. Arrears went to WV.

But..for some reason..the case was moved to TX. Not by him. Not by her. Something TX did, I guess.
And now the state of TX is saying that he has NEVER ONCE made a child support payment to her, and is now in arrears of $ 450. We called the TX office..and that is what they told us. We called PA and they said they have received every single one of his the child support payments. We called WV and they said they received the arrears payment and is wondering why in the hell TX is even involved!

So, we are going to call for the FOURTH time today..trying to get this fixed. But..I have a feeling nothing will work. So..my question to you is..

What in the world do we do???

Best answer(s):

Answer by mbj
show proof of payment to PA and WV to the TX people and then see if TX will set up something to care of everything from this point forward. It’s in TX because the states have a reciprocal agreement where they collect child support on behalf of the other state.

Such an arrangement is necessary because if he fails to pay, PA has no ability to force him to pay because they have no jurisdiction over him. TX does, so TX is going to be the collector.

Answer by Roni
Your fiance needs the help of an attorney who specializes in child support cases. Check you local yellow pages. Most attorney’s will offer a free consultation and will design a payment plan for their services. I would suggest interviewing several attorney’s until you find one that you are comfortable with and that will fight for you. You might deal with several before you find the right one. In the meantime, document EVERYTHING. Keep a notebook. Write down the dates and times of all phone conversations. Remember to document the name of the person you speak with. If the person has an extension, get it. When dealing with child support cases you will, more than likely, speak to a different person each and every time. Also, keep financial records. Never send cash. Only send money by personal check, money order or cashiers check. That way you have proof that money was sent. Make sure that you note on the check what the payment is for. Be very specific. I would also recommend using certified mail. Again, so that you have proof the money was sent. You mentioned that the children now have medical coverage through your fiance’s employer. Get copies of medical coverage from the insurance company. It’s all about documentation and record keeping. I wish you all the best.

Answer by PITA
Sorry, PA & WV no longer have jurisdiction, only Texas does. You no longer live in WV, and never lived in PA. You need printouts of payments from VW & PA to show Texas. Contact TFER and NCFC for help.
PA retains jurisdiction on custody. Here’s some other links of use.


Related Post for Maple Bear Pioneers ‘Computational Pondering’ Program for Preschoolers

Disciplining your Preschooler – Attend knowledgeable session !!
Love In direction of Books Begins with Preschool
Should know elements to implement Daycare Profit to your firm
Ipsaa begins a brand new heart in Bangalore at Status Poseidon
Maple Bear Pioneers ‘Computational Pondering’ Program for Preschoolers