HomeChild SupportCan last years tax return(2009) be taken for new child support order?
Posted in Child Support on 23rd January 2011

Can last years tax return(2009) be taken for new child support order?
I’m currently filing my taxes and expecting a refund, however my ex-girlfriend intends to file for child support soon (the child is 6) and I’m worried that my 2009 tax return will be taken for “back child support” will I receive my return if she files before I receive it?

Best answer(s):

Answer by the tax lady
1-800-304-3107 will tell you if there is a non-tax offset.

If you owe child support, you need to pay it.

Answer by Bostonian In MO
You don’t receive a return, you FILE a return. A tax return is the forms and schedules that you file with the IRS. If you get money back when you file your return, that’s called a REFUND.

If you owe child support in arrears and if the child support enforcement agency handling the case has referred it to FMS for collection, any refunds you receive from the IRS are subject to offset for the unpaid child support. States with income taxes have similar offset programs and unpaid child support in arrears is routinely filed for offset of state refunds as well.

You can call 1-800-304-3107 to see if you are currently flagged for offset of any tax refunds at the Federal level.

Answer by George McCasland
No, they can’t as it’s a new order, but you need to learn what to expect. To learn your rights, join Dads House in Yahoo Groups




Related Post for Maple Bear Pioneers ‘Computational Pondering’ Program for Preschoolers

Disciplining your Preschooler – Attend knowledgeable session !!
Love In direction of Books Begins with Preschool
Should know elements to implement Daycare Profit to your firm
Ipsaa begins a brand new heart in Bangalore at Status Poseidon
Maple Bear Pioneers ‘Computational Pondering’ Program for Preschoolers